Mr. Belding occasionally pops in a Rod Stewart greatest hits CD when we’re on the road. I always protest, but secretly I love hearing The Hot Rod because it brings back mem’ries of making fun of him and his videos with my sister back in the day.
Anyway…remember that song he put out with Sting and Bryan Adams on “The Three Musketeers” soundtrack? Don’t worry–that WILL be a post someday. But today I want to focus on Bryan Adams himself.
Behold the majesty of “Everything I Do, I Do it For You,” a song I used to love so much that I begged my mom to let us stay at the pool until it finished blasting on the stereo near the diving well. I also spent actual money on the sheet music. I’m going to re-learn that song someday and serenade my beloved.
Anyway, I hope you enjoy the video as much as I do, specificially:
1) Bryan Adams is sporting denim on denim in the opener
2) The “intrigued” look in Maid Marian’s eyes at about :43 when she espies Costner’s “butt double”
3) Marian blowing in Robin’s ear right before he shoots an arrow at 1:10
4) At about 2:20, I’m like, “How did I forget that CHRISTIAN SLATER was in this POS?!”
5) The guitar solo at 2:48 with the guitarist’s long hair blowing in the wind, which is my LIFE right now
6) The silent scream of “ROBIN!” at 3:10
7) The desperate kiss before fade to black.
If I’ve missed anything noteworthy, please let me know in the comments!